Sunday, October 2, 2011

First Cycle Goal Statement

The first cycle of Pronunciation Exercise (shortened, funnily enough, as PE) is starting. For the next three weeks or so, my goal is to be able to pronounce Japanese vowels, especially long vowels, more naturally. I also want to be able to speak faster and more naturally without losing the right intonation of words.

Activities: I will go to Japanese Language table at least once a week (either the one in Forbes on Monday, or the one in Matthey on Tuesday), I will try to practice with a native speaker (thankfully, my roommate counts), and I will watch at least two episodes of anime per week, shadowing for at least twenty minutes a week.

It looks daunting... Especially the shadowing, actually. I always find it awkward to speak out loud to myself (incidentally, that's why I hate phone calls especially when I don't know the person at the other end very well or at all...) But I'll do my best!!

1 comment: