Wednesday, February 6, 2013

P.E. Goal and Activities Statement

It's been a while since I have practiced speaking Japanese, although in the past year I have continuously been exposed to it since a lot of my friends, both in Seoul and in Princeton, are Japanese or speak the language. I would say that although my listening skills have improved, my speaking skills have not, and in fact they have probably gone down.

Therefore, my goals for the first part of the semester are:
• To practice speaking a lot in order to get used to speaking Japanese again
• To be able to speak more naturally (without foreign-sounding pauses, using Japanese placeholders)
• To improve my intonation


I will try to do the following activities:
• Go to Japanese language table regularly
• Speak to a friend only in Japanese for at least twenty minutes once a week
• Take the P.E. exercises seriously and do more than the minimum exercises
• Do some singing shadowing (because doing karaoke for a class is pretty amazing, even though I don't really like recording my own voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment